(All members must agree to this in order to attend this event.)
Our top priority for all in-person meetings is the safety and welfare of our attendees and team. Marin CAMFT intends to follow guidelines established by the facility hosting the event, the county department of public health in Marin County, and/or the State of California. To attend the event, Registrants must agree to the Personal Responsibility & Liability Waiver below.
COVID-19 Safety Information: Personal Responsibility & Liability Waiver
As you know, COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact. Marin CAMFT has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, Marin CAMFT cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
By attending a Marin CAMFT event, you certify the following:
1. You do not currently have, nor have you within the past fourteen (14) days, tested positive, and/or experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, congestion, and shortness of breath, among others; and
2. You have not been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or been diagnosed with COVID-19 unless you have been cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for your treatment; and
3. By the time of the Marin CAMFT event for which you are registering, you will have been fully vaccinated in accordance with U.S. Center for Disease Control guidelines.
Release and Waiver
By registering for this Marin CAMFT event, I hereby release, waive, and forever discharge any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against Marin CAMFT and State CAMFT and their affiliated partners, vendors, and sponsors, including in each case without limitation, the directors, officers, employees, and volunteers of both organizations, either in law or in equity, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including but not limited to damages or losses caused by the negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of the participants, including but not limited to death, bodily injury, illness, economic loss or out of pocket expenses, or loss or damage to property, which I, my heirs, assignees, next of kin, and/or legally appointed or designated representatives may have or which may hereinafter accrue on my behalf, which arise or may hereafter arise from my participation in the Marin CAMFT event.
Assumption of Risk
I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation in this Marin CAMFT event includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
- I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm, and loss associated with the Marin CAMFT Event, including any injury, harm, and loss caused by the negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of Marin CAMFT and/or State CAMFT and their partners, vendors, sponsors, directors, officers, employees, and volunteers.