This event has passed, but the audio recording is available for Marin CAMFT members in our Podcast Audio Library!
Not yet a member? Find out more here!
Let’s Dismantle Ageism is a highly interactive workshop that raises awareness of what ageism is, how it appears in our lives, and what each of us can do to dismantle it. For age bias to not show up in our practices we must all first address our own internal bias. This workshop will help participants to do just that while also offering tools to help clients address their own age bias.
Participants will be able to:
- Become more aware of their own age bias
- Understand where ageist messages exist in our culture
- Leave with action items to help undo ageism in their psyches and
Ashton Applewhite is the author of This Chair Rocks: A Manifesto Against Ageism and has been recognized by the New York Times, National Public Radio, the New Yorker, and the American Society on Aging as an expert on ageism. Ashton speaks at venues that have included the TED mainstage and the United Nations, and is a leading spokesperson for the emerging movement to raise awareness of ageism and to dismantle it.
Kyrié Carpenter trained as a therapist and is now an anti-ageism coach and educator. She brings deep experience and knowledge of human development and transformation to each offering. She has facilitated hundreds of hours of workshops for groups ranging from aging services providers, Silicon Valley tech companies, community, student, and faith groups.
Mel Coppola is a self-proclaimed “emerging Elder”. Her passion for the past dozen-plus years has been to elevate the status of Elderhood in our society. She does this is by raising awareness of ageism and ableism in all of her trainings, workshops and presentations whether at international conferences, on-line venues, even in day-to-day educational moments whenever they arise. It doesn’t matter the audience—the message Mel brings is that everyone, no matter their age or ability, deserve to live a life filled with well-being!
The Zoom link and password are provided in the registration confirmation email after sign-up is completed.
Attendance at the live event and completion of the evaluation qualifies for 2 hours of Continuing Education (2 CEUs).
PLEASE NOTE: This event will be audio recorded. By registering for this event you are consenting to a recording being made which may include your voice. This recording will be posted on the Marin CAMFT website's events library, and available to members for review and downloading.
Date: Friday, October 8
Time: 12 noon to 2 pm Pacific
Cost: Free for Marin CAMFT members and reciprocal members, $20 for non-members.
Location: Online via Zoom. Password and link sent upon registration.
For more information about the Friday Continuing Education Series or about joining the Committee, please contact CE Director Pat Saunders.
- Continuing Education: This workshop meets the qualifications for continuing education units for LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs and LPCCs. The number of CEUs awarded is specified in the event description. These CEUs will be provided by Marin CAMFT (CAMFT Provider # 56895), which is approved by CAMFT to sponsor CE for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. We regret that at this time we are not able to provide CE units for Licensed Psychologists. Participants must attend the full live session and complete the evaluation at the end to receive CE completion certificate. Marin CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. Contact Pat Saunders, CE Director, for more information.
- Continuing Education Goal: Marin CAMFT is committed to offering continuing education courses to train LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs to treat any client in an ethically and clinically sound manner based upon current accepted standards of practice.
- Refund Policy: Our refund policy requires a $20 processing fee, therefore refunds are not available for this program, as the maximum purchase price is $20. Please email the CE Director with any questions.
- Request for Accommodations: If you need accommodations for this event, please contact the CE Director.
- Grievance Procedure: Marin CAMFT will respond to complaints in a reasonable, ethical and timely manner, when submitted by program attendees in writing to the CE Director.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy: Marin CAMFT shall not discriminate against any individual or group with respect to any service, program or activity based on gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, creed, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, ability, or other prohibited basis. Marin CAMFT does not require attendees to adhere to any particular religion or creed in order to participate in training. Marin CAMFT will not promote or advocate for a single modality of treatment that is discriminatory or likely to harm clients based on current accepted standards or practice.
CEUs are available for live attendance only. You must complete the evaluation at the end in order to receive a completion certificate.