This event has passed, but the audio recording is available for Marin CAMFT members in our Podcast Audio Library!
Not yet a member? Find out more here!
Learn about mental health impacts of the pandemic and the latest on Long Covid from two psychiatrists
2 CEs available
Free for Marin CAMFT members and reciprocal chapter members!
Long Covid affects up to one-third of survivors. Long Covid involves many possible brain-based impacts that may be affecting your clients. In addition, mental health providers can carry the stress from the pandemic not only for themselves, but in the form of secondary traumatization when their clients are affected by Covid. This presentation by two psychiatrists will review these topics in the literature, with a focus on the psychiatric sequelae of the pandemic and characteristics of long Covid that may be impacting your psychotherapy clients.
Attendees will be able to:
1. Develop an understanding of the psychiatric sequelae of Long Covid
2. Understand risk factors in developing Long Covid
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
Define Covid Stress
Name 3 physiological signs of stress connected to Long Covid
Describe mental health sequelae from long Covid with special considerations for minority populations
Sarita Shah, MD, PhD Dr. Shah is a general psychiatrist with experience treating a wide variety of mental conditions. She has specialty training in managing depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and maternal mental health. In addition to her broad knowledge and expertise in medication management, Dr. Shah draws upon her training in psychotherapy, motivational enhancement, and lifestyle medicine for a holistic approach to mental health and well-being.
Monica Federoff, MD, PhD Dr. Federoff is a general adult psychiatrist practicing at the CalPsychiatry San Diego La Jolla office. She is passionate about treating patients with a variety of psychiatric disorders including mood and anxiety disorders, women’s reproductive mental health, sleep disorders, OCD and ADHD. She values a personalized approach to patient care and wellness, including both non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic based treatments.
The Zoom link and password are provided in the registration confirmation email after sign-up is completed.
Attendance at the live event in full and completion of the evaluation at the end qualifies for 2 hours of Continuing Education (2 CEUs).
Date: Friday, February 10
Time: 12 noon to 2 pm Pacific
Cost: Free for Marin CAMFT members and reciprocal members, $20 for non-members.
Location: Online via Zoom. Password and link sent upon registration.
Additional Information about Marin CAMFT CE Programs
For more information about the Friday Continuing Education Series or about joining the Marin CAMFT Continuing Education Committee, please contact our Director of Programs Norman Hering.
- Continuing Education: This workshop meets the qualifications for 2 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs and/or LPCCs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. These CEs will be provided by Marin CAMFT (CAMFT Provider # 56895), which is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. We regret that at this time we are not able to provide CE units for Licensed Psychologists. Participants must attend the full duration of the program (on Zoom, or in person, per event details above) and complete the course evaluation to receive the CE completion certificate. Marin CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. Contact our Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Continuing Education Goal: Marin CAMFT is committed to offering continuing education courses to train LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs to treat any client in an ethically and clinically sound manner based upon current accepted standards of practice.
- Refund Policy: Our refund policy requires a $20 processing fee, therefore refunds are not available for this program, as the maximum purchase price is $20. We also do not provide refunds in case of non-attendance by the registrant. Please contact our Director of Program at email@example.com with any questions.
- Request for Accommodations: If you need accommodations for this event, please contact the Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grievance Procedure: Marin CAMFT will respond to complaints in a reasonable, ethical and timely manner, when submitted by program attendees in writing to the Director of Programs.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy: Marin CAMFT shall not discriminate against any individual or group with respect to any service, program or activity based on gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, creed, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, ability, or other prohibited basis. Marin CAMFT does not require attendees to adhere to any particular religion or creed in order to participate in training. Marin CAMFT will not promote or advocate for a single modality of treatment that is discriminatory or likely to harm clients based on current accepted standards or practice.
Continuing education credits are available for attendance in the Zoom presentation. You must stay on the Zoom meeting for the entirety of the training and complete the course evaluation afterward in order to receive a completion certificate.