This event has passed, but the audio recording is available for Marin CAMFT members in our Podcast Audio Library!
Not yet a member? Find out more here!
Learn about this stress reduction technique to offer your clients
2 CEs available
Free for Marin CAMFT members and reciprocal chapter members!
This course will provide a brief overview of the benefits of using Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), also known as Tapping, in a therapy practice. A newer adaptation called Trauma Tapping Technique (TTT) will be introduced. Current research and Dr. Minewiser’s research experiences will be addressed. The EFT protocol will be demonstrated and several opportunities for practice will be provided.
The presentation will enhance therapist awareness of a proven stress management tool for Mind and Body to offer their clients. Participants will learn and practice techniques to enhance their clinical skills to help their clients downregulate their stress response.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
Identify at least 2 conditions for which EFT may be an effective treatment
Name at least 5 of the points used in EFT Tapping
Explain why Trauma Tapping Technique may be effective to use with diverse populations
Lorna Minewiser holds a PhD in Psychology and has been using EFT and other Energy Psychology practices with clients and students for more than 30 years. She was a Licensed Professional Counselor in both North Carolina and Michigan and is now retired. She participated in the research on reducing PTSD for veterans and has published several peer reviewed articles. She has trained and mentored many students to EFT certification as a Master Certified Trainer for EFT International and as a former trainer/mentor for EFT Universe. Her mission is to “Teach people who reach people” especially therapists and teacher
The Zoom link and password are provided in the registration confirmation email after sign-up is completed.
Attendance at the live event in full and completion of the evaluation at the end qualifies for 2 hours of Continuing Education (2 CEs).
Date: Friday, May 12
Time: 12 noon to 2 pm Pacific
Cost: Free for Marin CAMFT members and reciprocal members, $20 for non-members.
Location: Online via Zoom. Password and link sent upon registration.
PLEASE NOTE: This event will be recorded. By registering for this event you are consenting to a recording being made which may include your voice and/or image. This recording may be available for review and downloading. By registering for this event, you are agreeing for your likeliness to possibly be used by Marin CAMFT.
Additional Information about Marin CAMFT CE Programs
For more information about the Friday Continuing Education Series or about joining the Marin CAMFT Continuing Education Committee, please contact our Director of Programs Norman Hering.
- Continuing Education: This workshop meets the qualifications for 2 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs and/or LPCCs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. These CEs will be provided by Marin CAMFT (CAMFT Provider # 56895), which is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. We regret that at this time we are not able to provide CE units for Licensed Psychologists. Participants must attend the full duration of the program (on Zoom, or in person, per event details above) and complete the course evaluation to receive the CE completion certificate. Marin CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. Contact our Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Continuing Education Goal: Marin CAMFT is committed to offering continuing education courses to train LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs to treat any client in an ethically and clinically sound manner based upon current accepted standards of practice.
- Refund Policy: Our refund policy requires a $20 processing fee, therefore refunds are not available for this program, as the maximum purchase price is $20. We also do not provide refunds in case of non-attendance by the registrant. Please contact our Director of Programs at email@example.com with any questions.
- Request for Accommodations: If you need accommodations for this event, please contact the Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grievance Procedure: Marin CAMFT will respond to complaints in a reasonable, ethical and timely manner, when submitted by program attendees in writing to the Director of Programs.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy: Marin CAMFT shall not discriminate against any individual or group with respect to any service, program or activity based on gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, creed, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, ability, or other prohibited basis. Marin CAMFT does not require attendees to adhere to any particular religion or creed in order to participate in training. Marin CAMFT will not promote or advocate for a single modality of treatment that is discriminatory or likely to harm clients based on current accepted standards or practice.
Continuing education credits are available for attendance in the Zoom presentation. You must stay on the Zoom meeting for the entirety of the training and complete the course evaluation afterward in order to receive a completion certificate.