We're excited about our May training!
2 CEs available
Free for Marin CAMFT members and reciprocal chapter members!
This course is designed for clinicians who wish to gain an understanding of trauma-informed arts-based therapeutic practices and begin to implement them in order to support deeper and more meaningful clinical work. We will explore the theory behind Expressive Arts Therapy, clinical considerations and best practices, engage in experiential learning, and review case examples in order to support participants’ understanding of why and how arts-based therapeutic practices can enhance clinical work with clients of all ages and backgrounds. No prior experience necessary.
Notebook/journal, writing utensils, paper, crayons, markers, pastels, colored pencils, and/or any other visual arts materials you enjoy using.
*If you do not have materials, please do not worry, Danielle can provide modifications based on what you have available.
Participants will learn:
- What Expressive Arts Therapy is and why the arts are powerful tools to aid in healing and promoting wellbeing in clients of all ages
- How, when, and why to apply Expressive Arts interventions in your therapeutic work with diverse populations, including important trauma-informed clinical considerations
- Practical ways to implement the arts as de-escalation, regulation, and coping tools to be used in and outside of the therapy room
Danielle Saporta, LMFT trained in the Expressive Arts Therapy Program at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco and has worked with youth in schools in the Bay Area, practicing Expressive Arts Therapy for the last 8 years. Prior to becoming an Expressive Arts Therapist, Danielle worked as a Behavior Analyst with children with Autism in schools and community-based settings for 4 years. She currently works as a Lead Special Education Mental Health Clinician and Clinical Supervisor with Aspire Public Schools in East Oakland, in addition to working in private practice with children, teens, and adults in Berkeley. Danielle has a passion for the arts as a vehicle to deepen self-awareness, aid in communication, and enhance self-regulation and emotional wellbeing. For more, please see Danielle’s website.
The Zoom link and password are provided in the registration confirmation email after sign-up is completed.
Attendance at the live event in full and completion of the evaluation at the end qualifies for 2 hours of Continuing Education (2 CEUs).
Date: Friday, May 13
Time: 12 noon to 2 pm Pacific
Cost: Free for Marin CAMFT members and reciprocal members, $20 for non-members.
Location: Online via Zoom. Password and link sent upon registration.
Additional Information about Marin CAMFT CE Programs
For more information about the Friday Continuing Education Series or about joining the Marin CAMFT Continuing Education Committee, please contact our Director of Programs Norman Hering.
- Continuing Education: This workshop meets the qualifications for continuing education units for LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs and/or LPCCs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The number of CEUs awarded is specified in the event description. These CEUs will be provided by Marin CAMFT (CAMFT Provider # 56895), which is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. We regret that at this time we are not able to provide CE units for Licensed Psychologists. Participants must attend the full live session and complete the evaluation at the end to receive CE completion certificate. Marin CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. Contact our Director of Programs for more information.
- Continuing Education Goal: Marin CAMFT is committed to offering continuing education courses to train LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs to treat any client in an ethically and clinically sound manner based upon current accepted standards of practice.
- Refund Policy: Our refund policy requires a $20 processing fee, therefore refunds are not available for this program, as the maximum purchase price is $20. We also do not provide refunds in case of non-attendance by the registrant. Please contact our Programming Director at Large with any questions.
- Request for Accommodations: If you need accommodations for this event, please contact the Director of Programs.
- Grievance Procedure: Marin CAMFT will respond to complaints in a reasonable, ethical and timely manner, when submitted by program attendees in writing to the Director of Programs.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy: Marin CAMFT shall not discriminate against any individual or group with respect to any service, program or activity based on gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, creed, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, ability, or other prohibited basis. Marin CAMFT does not require attendees to adhere to any particular religion or creed in order to participate in training. Marin CAMFT will not promote or advocate for a single modality of treatment that is discriminatory or likely to harm clients based on current accepted standards or practice.
Continuing education credits are available for live attendance at the Zoom presentation. You must stay on the Zoom meeting for the entirety of the session and complete the course evaluation at the end in order to receive a completion certificate.